Monday, April 20, 2015

Make it Monday - Floral Note Cards



Happy Monday everyone!  I'm going to try something new on my blog - a new series called Make It Monday (inspired by a lot of my favorite blogs).  In this series, I'll show you how I make one on my creations.  It might not be step by step, but it will always include a list of supplies with links to purchase. I encourage you to be a savvy shopper to find the best deals on the items or just use what you have on hand.  I hope you enjoy and are inspired!




Floral Note Cards

I just got my Cricut Explore Air a couple of weeks ago and have been playing around experimenting with a few things. I've been so caught up playing that I forgot that I had to make a birthday card and a thank you note.  So using my Cricut Explore Air and supplies that I had on hand, I created one design that I modified to use in three different ways!

One thing that I would like to note is the size of the note cards turned out to be about 5.5" x 3.75".  You can use a standard A2 envelope, but it won't be an exact match.  I used my We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punch Board to create an envelope box for the birthday and thank you note cards with the 3-D flowers.  It wasn't a perfect fix, but it will do for now. 

In case you are wondering the difference between the Cricut Explore and the Cricut Explore Air - the Air has built-in Bluetooth technology so I can wirelessly connect both my laptop and iPad! 





 Supplies:

Cricut Explore Design-and-Cut Die-Cutting Machine
Cricut Explore Essential Starter Tool Kit
Floral Note Card templates - subscription needed
Instructions on Assembling Flowers

Swooh Stamp Set - Papertrey Ink

Mono Multi Liquid Glue 





2 comments:

  1. can you tell me the exact file you used for the floral frame i cant find it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The note card base is: Card #M21136F, the flower is Poppy #MA3E13. Hope this helps!

      Delete