Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Just a Hand Written Note...

My son turned 10 years old this past May.  We still can't believe that he's ten, it was just yesterday that he was a baby.  After his big party, I made him sit down and hand write thank you notes to all his friends and family who gave him a gift.  It was a long, drawn out process for a ten year old.  We talked about why you should send a thank you note and what you should say.  I thought it was important to teach him this life lesson because I don't know if it's taught in school any more.  I quite clearly remember in senior English class my teacher making us write out notes in practice for graduation then having to write all those notes.  It was almost a rite of passage.  Then later, I wrote the notes after college graduation, my bridal shower, my wedding and both baby showers.  It was just the thing to do!

I started making my thank you notes as gifts and for my own personal use.  I really love working with the paper and different medias to make my cards.  I launch the collection early this spring and in the works of expanding it.  Currently, you can see my whole stationary collection including cards, button journals, glitter journals and button picture frames in person at any show I'm at.  Can't make it to a show or want to ask about a custom order?  Just contact me at eleplattenier@gmail.com or through my Etsy store!



No comments:

Post a Comment